Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-40 Topic 7 Question 10 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-40 exam
Question #: 10
Topic #: 7
[All 312-40 Questions]

FinTech Inc. is an IT company that utilizes a cloud platform to run its IT infrastructure. Employees belonging to various departments do not implement the rules and regulations framed by the IT department, which leads to fragmented control and breaches that affect the efficiency of cloud services. How can the organization effectively overcome shadow IT and unwarranted usage of cloud resources in this scenario?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

To effectively overcome shadow IT and unwarranted usage of cloud resources at FinTech Inc., the organization should implement cloud governance.

1.Cloud Governance Defined: Cloud governance is a set of rules and policies that govern the use of cloud resources. It ensures that the IT infrastructure is used in a way that aligns with the company's strategic goals, compliance requirements, and security standards1.

1.Addressing Shadow IT:

oPolicy Creation: Establish clear policies regarding the use of cloud services and the procurement of IT resources.

oEnforcement Mechanisms: Implement controls to enforce these policies, such as requiring approval for new cloud services or software.

oEducation and Training: Educate employees about the risks associated with shadow IT and the importance of following IT department rules.

oMonitoring and Reporting: Use tools to monitor cloud usage and report on compliance with governance policies.

1.Benefits of Cloud Governance:

oControl and Visibility: Provides better control over IT resources and visibility into how they are being used.

oCost Management: Helps prevent unnecessary spending on unapproved cloud services.

oSecurity and Compliance: Ensures that cloud services are used in a secure and compliant manner, reducing the risk of breaches.

Microsoft Learn: Discover and manage Shadow IT1.

CrowdStrike: What is Shadow IT? Defining Risks & Benefits2.

Microsoft Security Blog: Top 10 actions to secure your environment3.

SC Magazine: Stop chasing shadow IT: Tackle the root causes of cloud breaches4.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Detra
10 days ago
Corporate compliance (D)? What is this, a corporate boot camp? B is the way to go, folks. Cloud governance is the key to taming the wild west of shadow IT.
upvoted 0 times
Carole
3 days ago
User 1
upvoted 0 times
Willow
16 days ago
I think a combination of cloud governance and regulatory compliance would be the best approach to address this issue.
upvoted 0 times
Dortha
17 days ago
I believe implementing regulatory compliance is also important to ensure proper usage of cloud resources.
upvoted 0 times
Launa
19 days ago
I agree with Abel, cloud governance can help in overcoming shadow IT.
upvoted 0 times
Sarah
19 days ago
Regulatory compliance (C) is important, but it's not the complete solution here. Need some good old-fashioned governance, like B.
upvoted 0 times
Anabel
22 days ago
As an IT professional, I'd go with B. Cloud governance is the way to go. It's like herding cats, but it's gotta be done!
upvoted 0 times
Quentin
20 hours ago
C) By implementing regulatory compliance
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
4 days ago
B) By implementing cloud governance
upvoted 0 times
Odette
5 days ago
A) By implementing cloud risk management
upvoted 0 times
Abel
24 days ago
I think the organization should implement cloud governance.
upvoted 0 times
Maxima
1 months ago
Option A, cloud risk management, is also a good choice. It can help identify and mitigate risks associated with shadow IT.
upvoted 0 times
Shelia
1 months ago
I think the answer is B. Implementing cloud governance is the best way to overcome shadow IT and unwarranted usage of cloud resources. It helps establish clear policies and controls.
upvoted 0 times
Jerry
8 days ago
A) By implementing cloud risk management
upvoted 0 times
Felicitas
11 days ago
C) By implementing regulatory compliance
upvoted 0 times
Billye
15 days ago
B) By implementing cloud governance