Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-40 Topic 6 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-40 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 6
[All 312-40 Questions]

A large e-commerce company named ShopZone uses GCP to host its online store. Recently, the company noticed several errors reported by customers while trying to make purchases on their website. They suspect that there may be some issue with the payment processing system. To investigate this issue, the cloud forensic team of the company decided to look at the logs for the payment processing system and identify anomalies that may be causing the problem. Which of the following GCP log categories helps the team gain the relevant information?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

To investigate the errors reported by customers during the payment process on their website, the cloud forensic team at ShopZone should examine the Platform logs in GCP.

1.Platform Logs: These are service-specific logs that can help debug and troubleshoot issues related to Google Cloud services. Since the payment processing system is likely integrated with various GCP services, platform logs will contain information about the operations and interactions of these services1.

1.Relevance to Payment Processing System: Platform logs will include detailed records of all activities and operations that occur within the GCP services used by the payment processing system. This can help identify any anomalies or errors that may be disrupting the payment process.

1.Investigation Process:

oAccess the Cloud Logging section in the GCP Console.

oFilter the logs by the specific services involved in the payment processing system.

oLook for error messages, failed transactions, or any unusual activity that could indicate a problem.

Google Cloud Documentation: Understanding and managing platform logs1.

Google Cloud Blog: Best practices for operating containers2.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Deeanna
2 months ago
If I were on this cloud forensics team, I'd be cracking open a cold one and getting ready for a long night of sifting through logs. Cheers to the glamorous life of a cybersecurity professional!
upvoted 0 times
Elly
2 months ago
User-written logs? Really? As if the dev team has time to write detailed logs about every payment transaction. Good luck finding what you need there!
upvoted 0 times
Audrie
1 months ago
D) Security logs
upvoted 0 times
James
1 months ago
C) Platform logs
upvoted 0 times
Miriam
2 months ago
I think Component Logs could also be important to look at for identifying anomalies.
upvoted 0 times
Pearly
2 months ago
I'm voting for Option C. Platform logs all the way! No one likes dealing with Component Logs, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Herman
25 days ago
Security logs could also be important to check for any suspicious activity during the payment processing.
upvoted 0 times
Component logs can be a bit tricky to navigate, so I prefer Platform logs as well.
upvoted 0 times
Edelmira
1 months ago
I agree, Platform logs are usually more comprehensive and easier to analyze.
upvoted 0 times
Ashley
2 months ago
I think Platform logs are the way to go. They should have the information we need.
upvoted 0 times
Timothy
2 months ago
Security logs might also be worth a look. You never know, there could be some suspicious activity going on that's causing the payment issues.
upvoted 0 times
Cecilia
3 months ago
The payment processing system logs sound like they would be in the Platform logs category. That's where I'd start looking for any anomalies.
upvoted 0 times
Cherry
25 days ago
Component Logs might also be useful to see if there are any errors or issues within the specific components of the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Kati
28 days ago
I think Security logs could also provide valuable information about any potential security breaches that may be affecting the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Lilli
1 months ago
I agree, Platform logs would be the best place to start looking for issues with the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Susana
1 months ago
Component Logs might also be useful to see if there are any errors or issues within the specific components of the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Scot
2 months ago
I think Security logs could also provide valuable information about any potential security breaches that may be affecting the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Casie
2 months ago
Yes, Platform logs should provide the necessary information to identify any anomalies causing errors during the purchase process.
upvoted 0 times
Carmen
2 months ago
I agree, Platform logs would be the best place to start looking for issues with the payment processing system.
upvoted 0 times
Raylene
2 months ago
upvoted 0 times
Melvin
3 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think D) Security logs could also be helpful in this situation.
upvoted 0 times
Sue
3 months ago
I agree with Ciara, Platform logs would provide the relevant information.
upvoted 0 times
Ciara
3 months ago
I think the answer is C) Platform logs.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel