Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-40 Topic 6 Question 15 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-40 exam
Question #: 15
Topic #: 6
[All 312-40 Questions]

Stephen Cyrus has been working as a cloud security engineer in an MNC over the past 7 years. The database administration team requested Stephen to configure a server instance that can enhance the performance of their new database server running on Compute Engine. The database is built on MySQL running on Debian Linux and it is used to import and normalize the company's performance statistics. They have an n2-standard-8 virtual machine with 80 GB of SSD zonal persistent disk, which cannot be restarted until the next maintenance event. Which of the following can help Stephen to enhance the performance of this VM quickly and in a cost-effective manner?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

To enhance the performance of a MySQL database running on Compute Engine quickly and in a cost-effective manner, Stephen can dynamically resize the SSD persistent disk to 500 GB. Here's why this option is effective:

1.Increased IOPS and Throughput: SSDs provide higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) and throughput compared to traditional hard drives. By increasing the size of the SSD persistent disk, Stephen can benefit from increased IOPS and throughput, which are crucial for database performance, especially when dealing with large volumes of data imports and normalization processes1.

1.No Downtime Required: Dynamically resizing the SSD persistent disk can be done without stopping the virtual machine, which aligns with the requirement that the VM cannot be restarted until the next maintenance event1.

1.Cost-Effectiveness: Resizing the disk is a cost-effective solution because it does not require provisioning additional compute resources or migrating to a different database service, which could incur higher costs and complexity1.

1.Immediate Performance Boost: The performance improvement is immediate after the disk resize, as the database can utilize the additional space for better disk I/O performance, which is often a bottleneck in database operations1.

LogRocket Blog: 5 ways to rapidly improve MySQL database performance1.

Google Cloud Documentation: Architectures for high availability of MySQL clusters on Compute Engine2.

Percona Blog: MySQL Performance Tuning 101: Key Tips to Improve MySQL Database Performance3.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Joseph
7 days ago
Hmm, I'd say the most cost-effective solution is to offer the team a bag of magic beans. That should do the trick! *wink wink*
upvoted 0 times
Hermila
9 days ago
But wouldn't migrating to BigQuery also help improve performance and scalability in the long run?
upvoted 0 times
Nan
9 days ago
A new VM running on PostgreSQL? That's an interesting idea, but I wonder how the data migration and compatibility would work out.
upvoted 0 times
Eveline
11 days ago
Migrating to BigQuery could definitely help with performance, but I'd be curious to know more about the company's specific data requirements and usage patterns.
upvoted 0 times
Gladys
11 days ago
I agree with Marylou. Increasing the disk size can improve performance without much cost.
upvoted 0 times
Marylou
13 days ago
I think option A, dynamically resizing the SSD persistent disk, could help enhance performance quickly.
upvoted 0 times
Lauran
22 days ago
Enhancing the VM memory seems like a quick fix, but it might not be the most scalable option in the long run. I'd suggest looking into a more comprehensive solution.
upvoted 0 times
Nichelle
1 days ago
C) Migrate their performance metrics warehouse to BigQuery
upvoted 0 times
Gussie
6 days ago
B) Enhance the VM memory to 60 GB
upvoted 0 times
Lashaun
9 days ago
A) Dynamically resize the SSD persistent disk to 500 GB
upvoted 0 times
Malcolm
26 days ago
Resizing the disk sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if it's the most cost-effective solution. Maybe they could explore options like BigQuery or a different database platform.
upvoted 0 times
Shalon
9 days ago
C) Migrate their performance metrics warehouse to BigQuery
upvoted 0 times
Davida
13 days ago
A) Dynamically resize the SSD persistent disk to 500 GB
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel