Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-40 Topic 10 Question 5 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-40 exam
Question #: 5
Topic #: 10
[All 312-40 Questions]

Luke Grimes has recently joined a multinational company as a cloud security engineer. The company has been using the AWS cloud. He would like to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks in all Redshift clusters.

Which of the following parameters should Grimes enable to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks in all Redshift clusters?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Explore

To reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks in all Redshift clusters, Luke Grimes should enable the require_ssl parameter. This setting ensures that connections to Amazon Redshift clusters are required to use encryption in transit, which is crucial for securing data and preventing eavesdropping or manipulation of network traffic.

1.SSL (Secure Sockets Layer): SSL is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client---typically a web server (website) and a browser, or a mail server and a mail client1.

1.require_ssl Parameter: By setting the require_ssl parameter to true, Luke will enforce that all connections to the Redshift clusters use SSL encryption. This helps to protect against man-in-the-middle attacks by encrypting the data as it travels between the client and the Redshift cluster2.

1.Implementation Steps:

oNavigate to the Redshift service in the AWS Management Console.

oSelect the appropriate cluster and go to its properties.

oUnder the database configurations, locate the Parameter group settings.

oEdit the parameters and set require_ssl to true.

oSave the changes to enforce SSL for all connections to the cluster.

AWS Security Hub: Amazon Redshift controls1.

AWS RedShift Enforce SSL | Security Best Practice2.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alton
2 months ago
C) require_ssl, easy peasy. Unless, of course, the man-in-the-middle is a ninja. Then we'll need some serious ninja-proof encryption.
upvoted 0 times
Tammara
1 months ago
C) require_ssl, easy peasy. Unless, of course, the man-in-the-middle is a ninja. Then we'll need some serious ninja-proof encryption.
upvoted 0 times
Filiberto
1 months ago
A) wlm_ssl
upvoted 0 times
Lili
2 months ago
Hmm, this is a tough one. I'm gonna go with C) require_ssl. Seems like the most straightforward solution to the problem. Wouldn't want any man-in-the-middle action, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Lashawn
2 months ago
Hold on, is this a trick question? I'm going with A) wlm_ssl. Gotta keep that workload management secure, right?
upvoted 0 times
Tammara
1 months ago
User2: I agree, C) require_ssl seems like the best option to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Eleonora
1 months ago
User1: I think it's C) require_ssl. That sounds like it would help with security.
upvoted 0 times
Irene
2 months ago
I think B) enable_user_ssl is the way to go. Requiring SSL for all user connections should do the trick.
upvoted 0 times
Helga
1 months ago
You're right, requiring SSL for all connections would definitely add an extra layer of security.
upvoted 0 times
Fausto
2 months ago
But wouldn't requiring SSL for all connections be even more secure?
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
2 months ago
Yes, requiring SSL for all user connections can definitely help enhance the security of Redshift clusters.
upvoted 0 times
Ethan
2 months ago
I agree, enabling user SSL is a good practice to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Daron
2 months ago
I agree, enabling user SSL is a good way to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Lavonna
2 months ago
I think B) enable_user_ssl is the way to go. Requiring SSL for all user connections should do the trick.
upvoted 0 times
Jose
3 months ago
I agree with Regenia, require_ssl is the best option because it enforces SSL connections for all Redshift clusters.
upvoted 0 times
Aleisha
3 months ago
D) fips_ssl sounds like the right choice to me. Enabling FIPS-compliant SSL encryption would provide an extra layer of security.
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
3 months ago
I think Grimes should enable require_ssl to reduce the risk of man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Jesse
3 months ago
Definitely go for C) require_ssl. That's the best way to ensure all connections to Redshift are encrypted and protected against man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Nadine
1 months ago
Agreed, it's the most secure option for protecting against man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Felice
2 months ago
I think C) require_ssl is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Youlanda
2 months ago
D) fips_ssl is a good option for ensuring compliance with security standards, but for man-in-the-middle attacks, C) require_ssl is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Merrilee
2 months ago
Agreed, it's the most secure option for protecting against man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Kanisha
2 months ago
Definitely go for C) require_ssl. That's the best way to ensure all connections to Redshift are encrypted and protected against man-in-the-middle attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Verlene
2 months ago
I agree, C) require_ssl ensures that all connections to Redshift are encrypted, reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
upvoted 0 times
Clare
2 months ago
D) fips_ssl
upvoted 0 times
Valentine
2 months ago
I think C) require_ssl is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Alishia
2 months ago
C) require_ssl
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
2 months ago
A) wlm_ssl is also important for workload management, but for security against man-in-the-middle attacks, C) require_ssl is the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Elbert
2 months ago
B) enable_user_ssl
upvoted 0 times
Dulce
3 months ago
A) wlm_ssl
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel