Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-38 Topic 8 Question 87 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-38 exam
Question #: 87
Topic #: 8
[All 312-38 Questions]

Which of the following NIST incident category includes any activity that seeks to access or identify a federal agency computer, open ports, protocols, service or any combination for later exploit?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

According to NIST guidelines, the incident category that includes activities seeking to access or identify a federal agency computer, open ports, protocols, services, or any combination thereof for later exploitation is categorized as 'Scans/Probes/Attempted Access'. This category encompasses any unauthorized attempts to access systems, networks, or data, which may include scanning for vulnerabilities or probing to discover open ports and services.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Denae
22 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'll have to 'hack' my brain to figure out the right answer.
upvoted 0 times
Colene
3 days ago
A) Scans/Probes/Attempted Access
upvoted 0 times
Felix
1 months ago
I'm feeling a bit 'phishy' about this question. Looks like a classic social engineering trap to me!
upvoted 0 times
Ellen
1 months ago
D. Denial-of-Service attacks can be a distraction while the real attack happens in the background.
upvoted 0 times
Mari
3 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Christiane
9 days ago
C) Improper usage
upvoted 0 times
Amos
14 days ago
B) Malicious code
upvoted 0 times
Goldie
19 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Florinda
1 months ago
Option C, Improper usage, seems like a good fit. Employees can accidentally open doors for attackers.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
19 days ago
Yes, employees need to be trained to avoid unintentional security breaches.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
26 days ago
Option C, Improper usage, seems like a good fit.
upvoted 0 times
Noah
1 months ago
I believe the correct answer is A) Scans/Probes/Attempted Access, as it specifically mentions seeking to access or identify a computer system.
upvoted 0 times
Leota
1 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think it could also be D) Denial-of-Service, as it disrupts the availability of the computer system.
upvoted 0 times
Hortencia
1 months ago
I'm going with B. Malicious code can also be used to gain unauthorized access to systems.
upvoted 0 times
Desiree
2 months ago
I agree with Aliza, because it involves seeking to access or identify a federal agency computer for later exploit.
upvoted 0 times
Sharita
2 months ago
Definitely option A. Scans and probes are a classic way to identify vulnerabilities for future exploitation.
upvoted 0 times
Dominic
12 days ago
Always stay vigilant against potential threats.
upvoted 0 times
Ocie
17 days ago
It's important to be aware of these types of activities.
upvoted 0 times
Alexis
23 days ago
Scans and probes are common tactics used by attackers.
upvoted 0 times
Ernie
1 months ago
I agree, option A is the correct choice.
upvoted 0 times
Aliza
2 months ago
I think the answer is A) Scans/Probes/Attempted Access.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel