Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-38 Topic 10 Question 96 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-38 exam
Question #: 96
Topic #: 10
[All 312-38 Questions]

How does Windows' in-built security component, AppLocker, whitelist applications?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

AppLocker whitelists applications by creating rules that specify which files are allowed to run. One of the primary methods for specifying these rules is through the use of Path Rules. Path Rules allow administrators to specify an allowed file or folder path, and any application within that path is permitted to run. This method is particularly useful for allowing applications from a known directory while blocking others that are not explicitly approved.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Phillip
4 hours ago
AppLocker definitely uses the Signature Rule, that's the most secure way to whitelist apps.
upvoted 0 times
Rodrigo
1 days ago
B) Using Signature Rule - Signature rules, the security equivalent of a celebrity autograph collection.
upvoted 0 times
Long
5 days ago
I'm not sure about that. I think it might be using Certificate Rule instead.
upvoted 0 times
Delfina
9 days ago
I agree with Tora. Path Rule makes sense for whitelisting applications.
upvoted 0 times
Quinn
11 days ago
D) Using Internet Zone Rule - Internet zone rule? Pfft, that's like using a water gun to fight a fire-breathing dragon.
upvoted 0 times
Tora
15 days ago
I think Windows' AppLocker whitelists applications using Path Rule.
upvoted 0 times
Lai
15 days ago
C) Using Certificate Rule - Certificates, the digital equivalent of a fancy wax seal on a scroll.
upvoted 0 times
Elli
8 days ago
A) Using Path Rule - It restricts applications based on their file path.
upvoted 0 times
Telma
21 days ago
B) Using Signature Rule - Ah, the signature rule, the security geek's equivalent of a fancy signature on a letter.
upvoted 0 times
Tracey
24 days ago
A) Using Path Rule - That's the way to go! AppLocker loves its path rules, keeping things nice and tidy.
upvoted 0 times
Gail
4 hours ago
A) Using Path Rule - Yes, AppLocker uses path rules to specify which applications are allowed to run.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel