Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-38 Topic 10 Question 94 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-38 exam
Question #: 94
Topic #: 10
[All 312-38 Questions]

Daniel who works as a network administrator has just deployed an in his organizations network. He wants to calculate the False Positive rate for his implementation. Which of the following formulas will he use to calculate the False Positive rate?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The False Positive rate (FPR) is a measure used in statistics and network security to evaluate the performance of a security system. It is calculated by dividing the number of false positives (FP) by the sum of false positives (FP) and true negatives (TN). The formula is represented as:

FPR=FP+TNFP

This rate indicates how often benign activities are incorrectly flagged as malicious, which is crucial for a network administrator like Daniel to understand the reliability of the security measures implemented.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Jerry
3 days ago
I think formula C is the right one because it focuses on False Negative in the calculation.
upvoted 0 times
Jamika
7 days ago
I disagree, I believe formula B is the correct one to use for calculating False Positive rate.
upvoted 0 times
Maryann
12 days ago
C looks right to me. False Negative / (False Negative + True Positive) is the formula for False Positive rate.
upvoted 0 times
Reed
15 days ago
I think the answer is A. It makes sense to calculate the False Positive rate as False Positive / (False Positive + True Negative).
upvoted 0 times
Myong
7 days ago
I believe the answer is A too. It's False Positive / (False Positive + True Negative).
upvoted 0 times
Maybelle
25 days ago
I think Daniel should use formula A to calculate the False Positive rate.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel