Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 212-82 Topic 3 Question 38 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 212-82 exam
Question #: 38
Topic #: 3
[All 212-82 Questions]

Maisie. a new employee at an organization, was given an access badge with access to only the first and third floors of the organizational premises. Maisie Hied scanning her access badge against the badge reader at the second-floor entrance but was unsuccessful. Identify the short-range wireless communication technology used by the organization in this scenario.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is a short-range wireless communication technology that uses radio waves to identify and track objects. RFID tags are attached to objects and RFID readers scan the tags to obtain the information stored in them. RFID is commonly used for access control, inventory management, and identification3. Reference: What is RFID?

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lizbeth
4 hours ago
Maybe Maisie should've tried waving her magic wand instead of the access badge. You never know, it might have worked!
upvoted 0 times
Salome
3 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think Bluetooth could also be a possibility for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Stephen
6 days ago
I agree with Apolonia. RFID is commonly used for access control systems like this.
upvoted 0 times
Pearlene
6 days ago
Hey, at least Maisie didn't try to hack the system with a paperclip and chewing gum. That would've been a real plot twist!
upvoted 0 times
Alaine
11 days ago
Wi-Fi? Really? I mean, I know it's wireless, but that seems a bit overkill for an access badge. Bluetooth is my pick.
upvoted 0 times
Apolonia
14 days ago
I think the organization is using RFID for short-range wireless communication.
upvoted 0 times
Gilbert
18 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Could it be Li-Fi? I heard that's a growing technology for indoor applications like this.
upvoted 0 times
Ciara
7 days ago
User 1: It's not Li-Fi, that's for high-speed data transmission using light.
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
20 days ago
I'm gonna have to go with Bluetooth on this one. It's a pretty common short-range wireless tech used for access control.
upvoted 0 times
Shawana
22 days ago
Definitely RFID! That's the only technology that makes sense for access badges like that.
upvoted 0 times
Lilli
3 hours ago
No, Maisie's access badge is most likely using RFID technology for the organizational premises.
upvoted 0 times
Emiko
1 days ago
C) Bluetooth
upvoted 0 times
Yesenia
8 days ago
Absolutely, Maisie should try using RFID for access to the first and third floors.
upvoted 0 times
Benton
15 days ago
A) RFID
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel