Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 212-82 Topic 2 Question 33 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 212-82 exam
Question #: 33
Topic #: 2
[All 212-82 Questions]

Brielle. a security professional, was instructed to secure her organization's network from malicious activities. To achieve this, she started monitoring network activities on a control system that collected event data from various sources. During this process. Brielle observed that a malicious actor had logged in to access a network device connected to the organizational network. Which of the following types of events did Brielle identify in the above scenario?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Success audit is the type of event that Brielle identified in the above scenario. Success audit is a type of event that records successful attempts to access a network device or resource. Success audit can be used to monitor authorized activities on a network, but it can also indicate unauthorized activities by malicious actors who have compromised credentials or bypassed security controls4.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Dalene
13 days ago
Haha, you guys are all overthinking this. It's obviously a Error event - the malicious actor was trying to do something bad, so it's an error, plain and simple. Brielle's got this on lockdown!
upvoted 0 times
Jean
14 days ago
Warning? Really? I mean, the question specifically says Brielle observed the malicious actor logging in, so I think it's gotta be a Success audit. Who cares if it was malicious, it was still a successful login.
upvoted 0 times
Shawna
16 days ago
Nah, I don't think it's a Failure audit either. Based on the scenario, the malicious actor was able to access the network device, so I'd say Brielle identified a Warning event.
upvoted 0 times
Sang
10 days ago
I agree, it seems more like a Warning event.
upvoted 0 times
Jillian
12 days ago
I think it's a Success audit.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
23 days ago
I agree with Launa, it makes sense that it could be a success audit in this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
30 days ago
Ah, but a Success audit would indicate a legitimate login, not a malicious one. I'd say Brielle identified a Failure audit, as the login attempt was unauthorized and should have been blocked.
upvoted 0 times
Demetra
3 days ago
Brielle's proactive monitoring helped in detecting the unauthorized access.
upvoted 0 times
Anika
12 days ago
It's important to quickly identify and respond to such malicious activities.
upvoted 0 times
Cyndy
15 days ago
Yes, a Failure audit indicates an unauthorized login attempt.
upvoted 0 times
Eladia
16 days ago
I agree, a Failure audit would be the most appropriate in this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Amina
1 months ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I think Brielle identified a Success audit since the malicious actor was able to successfully log in, even though their actions were malicious.
upvoted 0 times
Harris
4 days ago
B) Error
upvoted 0 times
Ula
5 days ago
A) Failure audit
upvoted 0 times
Kirk
10 days ago
D) Warning
upvoted 0 times
Kayleigh
12 days ago
C) Success audit
upvoted 0 times
Veronika
13 days ago
B) Error
upvoted 0 times
Evangelina
26 days ago
A) Failure audit
upvoted 0 times
Launa
1 months ago
I think it could be a success audit, as the malicious actor was able to access the network device.
upvoted 0 times
Nilsa
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe it is a warning event.
upvoted 0 times
Dino
2 months ago
I think the event Brielle identified is a failure audit.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel