Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 212-81 Topic 11 Question 46 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 212-81 exam
Question #: 46
Topic #: 11
[All 212-81 Questions]

A 160-bit hash algorithm developed by Hans Dobbertin, Antoon Bosselaers, and Bart Preneel for which there are 128, 256 and 320-bit versions is called what?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

RIPEMD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIPEMD

RIPEMD (RIPE Message Digest) is a family of cryptographic hash functions developed in 1992 (the original RIPEMD) and 1996 (other variants). There are five functions in the family: RIPEMD, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, and RIPEMD-320, of which RIPEMD-160 is the most common.

The original RIPEMD, as well as RIPEMD-128, is not considered secure because 128-bit result is too small and also (for the original RIPEMD) because of design weaknesses. The 256- and 320-bit versions of RIPEMD provide the same level of security as RIPEMD-128 and RIPEMD-160, respectively; they are designed for applications where the security level is sufficient but longer hash result is necessary.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Rory
11 days ago
Hmm, RIPEMD sounds familiar, but I'm going to go with SHA1 just to be safe.
upvoted 0 times
Shonda
3 hours ago
I think RIPEMD is a good choice.
upvoted 0 times
Nikita
18 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think it might be C) FORK. Can someone explain why RIPEMD is the correct answer?
upvoted 0 times
Carmelina
21 days ago
I agree with Lavonda, RIPEMD makes sense for a 160-bit hash algorithm.
upvoted 0 times
Joni
21 days ago
RIPEMD, of course! I mean, who doesn't know that?
upvoted 0 times
Lavonda
24 days ago
I think the answer is D) RIPEMD.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel