Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 112-51 Topic 7 Question 20 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 112-51 exam
Question #: 20
Topic #: 7
[All 112-51 Questions]

John, from a remote location, was monitoring his bedridden grandfather's health condition at his home. John has placed a smart wearable ECG on his grandfather's wrist so that he can receive alerts to his mobile phone and can keep a track over his grandfather's health condition periodically.

Which of the following types of loT communication model was demonstrated in the above scenario?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

A device-to-cloud model is a type of IoT communication model that connects the IoT devices directly to the cloud platform, where the data is stored, processed, and analyzed. The device-to-cloud model enables remote access, real-time monitoring, and scalability of IoT applications. The device-to-cloud model requires the IoT devices to have internet connectivity and cloud compatibility. In the above scenario, John used a device-to-cloud model to monitor his grandfather's health condition, as he placed a smart wearable ECG on his grandfather's wrist that sent the data to the cloud platform, where John could access it from his mobile phone and receive alerts periodically. Reference:

Communication Models in IoT (Internet of Things) - Section: Device-to-Cloud Model

IoT Communication Models - IoTbyHVM - Section: Device to Cloud Communication Model

Logical Design of IoT | Communication Models | APIs | Functional Blocks - Section: Device-to-Cloud Communication Model

Contribute your Thoughts:

Herminia
1 days ago
The device-to-gateway model seems like the most appropriate answer here. John's smart wearable is communicating with his mobile device to monitor his grandfather's health.
upvoted 0 times
Mica
3 days ago
Haha, I bet the grandpa is wondering why John is glued to his phone all the time, monitoring his every heartbeat! But hey, at least the technology is keeping him safe.
upvoted 0 times
Kimbery
5 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I was also considering the device-to-cloud model, but the question specifically mentions John's mobile phone, so the device-to-gateway model makes more sense.
upvoted 0 times
Kris
19 days ago
I believe it could also be A) Device-to-gateway model, as the data could be sent to a gateway before reaching the cloud.
upvoted 0 times
Abraham
19 days ago
I agree, the device-to-gateway model is the correct answer. John's grandfather's health data is being transmitted to his mobile device, which then can be accessed remotely.
upvoted 0 times
Tarra
24 days ago
I agree with Desiree. In this scenario, the smart wearable ECG is sending data to the cloud for John to monitor.
upvoted 0 times
Alyssa
26 days ago
The device-to-gateway model seems to be the best fit here. John's smart wearable ECG is communicating with his mobile phone, which is acting as the gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Lorean
1 days ago
Yes, it allows the smart wearable ECG to communicate with John's mobile phone.
upvoted 0 times
Jacquelyne
3 days ago
B) Device-to-cloud model
upvoted 0 times
Isadora
4 days ago
Yes, that makes sense. The smart wearable ECG is sending data to John's mobile phone.
upvoted 0 times
Lovetta
8 days ago
I agree, the device-to-gateway model makes sense in this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Shoshana
18 days ago
A) Device-to-gateway model
upvoted 0 times
Desiree
27 days ago
I think the answer is B) Device-to-cloud model.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel