Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SK0-005 Topic 4 Question 59 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SK0-005 exam
Question #: 59
Topic #: 4
[All SK0-005 Questions]

An IT administrator is configuring ten new desktops without an operating system. The infrastructure contains an imaging server and operating system loaded on a USB, a DVD, and an SD card. Which of the following options

would minimize the amount of time the administrator needs to load the operating system on every machine?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Using a network-based deployment, such as network booting (PXE - Preboot Execution Environment) or imaging through a server, is the most efficient way to load operating systems onto multiple machines simultaneously. This approach minimizes the manual intervention required for each device, as the administrator can initiate the operating system installation or imaging process across all desktops at once through the network. In contrast, using an SD card, DVD (Optical), or USB would require the administrator to physically move the media from one desktop to another, significantly increasing the setup time for each device.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Stephane
18 days ago
Optical? What is this, the 90s? Network imaging all the way, baby! Although, you might need to stock up on Red Bull for the IT admin.
upvoted 0 times
Nina
20 days ago
I think SD card could also be a quick solution for loading the OS.
upvoted 0 times
Timmy
21 days ago
I believe network would be the best option for faster deployment.
upvoted 0 times
Ma
22 days ago
USB's the way to go. Who even uses SD cards anymore? It's like the Betamax of storage media.
upvoted 0 times
Paola
22 days ago
I agree with Bulah, USB is the most efficient choice.
upvoted 0 times
Gladys
26 days ago
I'd go with the network option - you can push the image out to all 10 machines simultaneously. Just make sure the network can handle the load.
upvoted 0 times
Tyra
27 days ago
The SD card option seems the fastest, less hassle than burning DVDs or setting up network imaging.
upvoted 0 times
Leslee
8 days ago
D) USB
upvoted 0 times
Louann
9 days ago
C) Network
upvoted 0 times
Ashlyn
17 days ago
A) SD card
upvoted 0 times
Bulah
1 months ago
I think using a USB would be the fastest option.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel