Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PK0-005 Topic 3 Question 26 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PK0-005 exam
Question #: 26
Topic #: 3
[All PK0-005 Questions]

A PM needs to calculate the progress of the whole project scope for a presentation to the sponsor. Which of the following is the first document the PM should update?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

A gantt chart is a visual representation of a project timeline that shows the tasks, durations, dependencies, and resources of a project in a horizontal bar chart format. A gantt chart can help a project manager to calculate the progress of the whole project scope by comparing the planned and actual start and finish dates of each task, as well as the percentage of completion and the critical path. A gantt chart is also a useful tool for communicating the project status and performance to the sponsor and other stakeholders. Therefore, the first document that the project manager should update to calculate the progress of the whole project scope is the gantt chart. Reference = CompTIA Project+ Study Guide: Exam PK0-005, 3rd Edition, Chapter 6: Schedule Management1; CompTIA Project+ Certification Study Guide, 3rd Edition, Chapter 6: Schedule Management2; What Is a Gantt Chart? 7 Examples for Project Management3

Contribute your Thoughts:

Hyun
21 days ago
The project network diagram? Really? I'd be more interested in updating my grocery list for the weekend. Priorities, people!
upvoted 0 times
Royce
9 days ago
A: I think the PM should update the Gantt chart first.
upvoted 0 times
Kirby
26 days ago
If I were the PM, I'd be updating my Gantt chart while sipping a nice cup of coffee. Multitasking is an art, you know.
upvoted 0 times
Viola
28 days ago
The risk report is the way to go. Identifying and managing risks is key to ensuring the project stays on track.
upvoted 0 times
Hermila
3 days ago
A) Project network diagram
upvoted 0 times
Vanda
8 days ago
B) Gantt chart
upvoted 0 times
Frankie
1 months ago
I believe updating the project network diagram is crucial to track progress accurately.
upvoted 0 times
Heidy
1 months ago
But shouldn't the PM update the risk report first to address any potential issues?
upvoted 0 times
Serina
1 months ago
The issue log seems like the obvious choice here. It's crucial to track and address any issues that could impact the project's progress.
upvoted 0 times
Abraham
7 days ago
B: Actually, I believe the risk report should be the first document updated to address any potential risks that could affect the project scope.
upvoted 0 times
Tawna
25 days ago
A: I think the Gantt chart should be updated first to show the progress of the project.
upvoted 0 times
Jin
1 months ago
I agree with Tatum, the Gantt chart shows the project schedule.
upvoted 0 times
Tatum
1 months ago
I think the PM should update the Gantt chart first.
upvoted 0 times
Leslie
1 months ago
I think the Gantt chart would be the best document to update. It provides a visual representation of the project timeline and progress.
upvoted 0 times
Shad
7 days ago
The risk report is crucial, but for this specific task, the Gantt chart is the most suitable document to update.
upvoted 0 times
Nadine
9 days ago
The project network diagram is important, but the Gantt chart is more focused on progress tracking.
upvoted 0 times
Franchesca
18 days ago
Updating the Gantt chart will give a clear overview of the project scope for the presentation.
upvoted 0 times
Lisbeth
29 days ago
I agree, the Gantt chart is a great tool for tracking project progress.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel