Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-009 Topic 3 Question 6 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-009 exam
Question #: 6
Topic #: 3
[All N10-009 Questions]

A network administrator for a small office is adding a passive IDS to its network switch for the purpose of inspecting network traffic. Which of the following should the administrator use?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Port mirroring, also known as SPAN (Switched Port Analyzer), is used to send a copy of network packets seen on one switch port (or an entire VLAN) to another port where the IDS is connected. This allows the IDS to passively inspect network traffic without interfering with the actual traffic flow. Port mirroring is an essential feature for implementing IDS in a network for traffic analysis and security monitoring. Reference: CompTIA Network+ study materials.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Shaquana
14 days ago
B all the way! I can already see the network admin trying to 'mirror' the entire office through the vents. That would be hilarious!
upvoted 0 times
Buddy
17 days ago
Definitely going with B. Port mirroring is the way to go when you want to keep an eye on things without causing any trouble.
upvoted 0 times
Bambi
20 days ago
I believe port mirroring is the most effective option because it copies all traffic to another port for analysis.
upvoted 0 times
Loreen
1 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think SNMP trap could also be a good choice.
upvoted 0 times
Yoko
1 months ago
I'm torn between B and D. API integration could give you more granular control, but port mirroring is the tried and true method.
upvoted 0 times
Trevor
1 months ago
I agree with Lettie, port mirroring is the best option for inspecting network traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Audrie
1 months ago
Port mirroring for sure! That's the classic way to monitor network traffic without disrupting the flow.
upvoted 0 times
Irving
22 hours ago
It's a common practice for network administrators to use port mirroring for passive IDS.
upvoted 0 times
Willie
2 days ago
I agree, it allows you to inspect the traffic without affecting the flow.
upvoted 0 times
Mike
6 days ago
Port mirroring is definitely the way to go for monitoring network traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Pamella
9 days ago
It's a common practice for network administrators to use port mirroring for passive IDS.
upvoted 0 times
Leota
11 days ago
I agree, it allows you to see all the traffic without affecting the network.
upvoted 0 times
Vilma
16 days ago
Port mirroring is definitely the way to go for monitoring network traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Lettie
2 months ago
I think the administrator should use port mirroring.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel