Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-009 Topic 2 Question 4 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-009 exam
Question #: 4
Topic #: 2
[All N10-009 Questions]

An organization has a security requirement that all network connections can be traced back to a user. A network administrator needs to identify a solution to implement on the wireless network. Which of the following is the best solution?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Enterprise authentication (such as WPA2-Enterprise) utilizes unique credentials for each user, typically integrating with an authentication server like RADIUS. This allows for tracking and logging user activity, ensuring that all connections can be traced back to individual users. PSKs (Pre-Shared Keys) are shared among users and do not provide individual accountability. Captive portals can identify users but are less secure than enterprise authentication, and Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) is outdated and not recommended for security purposes.

CompTIA Network+ materials highlight enterprise authentication methods as the preferred solution for secure and accountable wireless network access.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Janella
4 days ago
Captive portals? More like 'captive my attention for way too long.' Let's keep it simple, folks.
upvoted 0 times
Cassandra
5 days ago
Enterprise authentication is the clear winner here. Anything else is just a security band-aid on a wireless network.
upvoted 0 times
Claudio
6 days ago
Wired equivalent protection? What is this, the Stone Age? That's just asking for trouble on a wireless network.
upvoted 0 times
Annita
15 days ago
PSKs? Really? That's so 2005. Wireless security has come a long way since then.
upvoted 0 times
Tish
23 days ago
I think enforcing wired equivalent protection is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Oretha
1 months ago
Captive portals can be a hassle, but they do provide some level of user accountability. Worth considering.
upvoted 0 times
Tamra
1 months ago
I think configuring a captive portal for users would be the most effective solution.
upvoted 0 times
Alfred
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe requiring the use of PSKs is the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Martina
1 months ago
Enterprise authentication is the way to go. Tracing back each connection to a user is crucial for security compliance.
upvoted 0 times
Rolland
10 days ago
C) Configuring a captive portal for users
upvoted 0 times
Carlton
14 days ago
That's the best solution for ensuring all network connections can be traced back to a user.
upvoted 0 times
Shoshana
15 days ago
A) Implementing enterprise authentication
upvoted 0 times
Valentin
19 days ago
C) Configuring a captive portal for users
upvoted 0 times
Cordelia
20 days ago
That's a good point. It's important to have a secure way to trace back connections.
upvoted 0 times
Fernanda
25 days ago
A) Implementing enterprise authentication
upvoted 0 times
An
1 months ago
I think the best solution is implementing enterprise authentication.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel