Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-008 Topic 3 Question 56 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-008 exam
Question #: 56
Topic #: 3
[All N10-008 Questions]

An engineer recently installed a new distribution switch and connected two servers provisioned with the following IPs: 192.168.17.20 and 192.168.17.30. The servers cannot connect to the Internet, but they can reach themselves. The engineer observes that the distribution switch has the following setup:

The engineer is able to reach the core router 192.168.17.1 from the distribution switch. Which of the following is the most likely cause of this issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The servers can communicate with each other but not the internet, indicating local network connectivity is fine. The distribution switch's VLAN and IP configuration are correct, and the engineer can reach the core router, suggesting the issue is not with the switch or the router. The most likely cause is that the servers do not have a default gateway configured, which is necessary for traffic to leave the local network and reach the internet.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Leonard
22 days ago
Did the engineer try turning it off and on again? Just kidding, but seriously, C sounds like the most likely culprit here. Those servers need a gateway!
upvoted 0 times
Eileen
6 days ago
A: Definitely, without a default gateway, they can't connect outside of their own network.
upvoted 0 times
Glendora
9 days ago
B: Yeah, that could be it. They need that gateway to reach the internet.
upvoted 0 times
Merilyn
10 days ago
A: I think the issue might be that the servers are not configured with a default gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Ranee
25 days ago
A routing loop? Nah, the servers can reach themselves. I'm thinking C is the way to go - no default gateway set up for the servers.
upvoted 0 times
Sylvia
1 months ago
It's possible, but I think the default gateway issue is more likely based on the information provided.
upvoted 0 times
Elly
1 months ago
But could it also be because of an improper Layer 1 connection between the router and the ISP modem?
upvoted 0 times
Stefany
1 months ago
I agree with Sylvia, without a default gateway, the servers won't be able to connect to the Internet.
upvoted 0 times
Sylvia
1 months ago
I think the most likely cause is that the servers are not configured with a default gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Frankie
1 months ago
Hmm, the core router is accessible, so it's not a Layer 1 issue. I'd go with C - the servers need to be configured with a default gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Irving
22 days ago
Yes, setting the default gateway on the servers should solve the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Weldon
1 months ago
I agree, without a default gateway, the servers won't be able to reach the Internet.
upvoted 0 times
Edelmira
2 months ago
The subnet mask seems off, the servers can't reach the internet. Probably option B is the right answer here.
upvoted 0 times
Val
30 days ago
Yeah, that makes sense. The servers need the correct subnet mask to reach the internet.
upvoted 0 times
Denny
1 months ago
I think you're right, the subnet mask could be the issue.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel