Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DS0-001 Topic 2 Question 22 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DS0-001 exam
Question #: 22
Topic #: 2
[All DS0-001 Questions]

Which of the following best describes the category of SQL commands required to revoke access to database objects?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The category of SQL commands that is required to revoke access to database objects is DCL. DCL, or Data Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage the access or permissions of users or roles on a database. DCL includes commands such as GRANT and REVOKE. GRANT is a DCL command that is used to grant privileges or roles to users or roles on specific objects in a database, such as tables, views, procedures, etc. REVOKE is a DCL command that is used to revoke privileges or roles from users or roles on specific objects in a database. For example, the following statement uses the REVOKE command to revoke the SELECT privilege from user Alice on table employee:

REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM Alice;

The other options are either different categories of SQL commands or not related to SQL commands at all. For example, IDDL is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; IDML is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; TCL, or Transaction Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage transactions on a database, such as committing or rolling back changes.Reference:CompTIA DataSys+ Course Outline, Domain 4.0 Data and Database Security, Objective 4.2 Given a scenario, implement security controls for databases.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Sue
2 months ago
I'm going with B. IDDL, because that must stand for 'I Don't Do Logging', and revoking access is all about not leaving a trail, am I right? *winks*
upvoted 0 times
Raylene
1 months ago
User 2: Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that!
upvoted 0 times
Dorthy
1 months ago
User 1: Actually, the correct answer is A) DCL, which stands for Data Control Language.
upvoted 0 times
Kirk
2 months ago
DCL for sure! That's the one that stands for 'Dad Can't Login', right? Ah, just kidding. But seriously, DCL is the answer.
upvoted 0 times
Marylou
27 days ago
No, the correct answer is A) DCL.
upvoted 0 times
Kristin
28 days ago
D) TCL
upvoted 0 times
Anglea
1 months ago
That's correct! DCL stands for Data Control Language.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
1 months ago
A) DCL
upvoted 0 times
Janine
2 months ago
Yeah, DCL is definitely the right choice for revoking access.
upvoted 0 times
Edna
2 months ago
IDML is for manipulating data, not revoking access.
upvoted 0 times
Andree
2 months ago
I dunno, it could be TCL. Maybe they're testing our knowledge of transaction control commands. Who knows, this exam is a real minefield!
upvoted 0 times
Justine
2 months ago
Hmm, I'm leaning towards IDML. Isn't that the category for data manipulation stuff like revoking permissions?
upvoted 0 times
Carolann
15 days ago
I agree, IDML is the category for data manipulation commands like revoking access.
upvoted 0 times
Sheridan
16 days ago
Yeah, IDML is definitely for data manipulation, so it makes sense for revoking access to be in that category.
upvoted 0 times
Adelina
17 days ago
I think you're right, IDML sounds like the right category for revoking permissions.
upvoted 0 times
Francoise
18 days ago
D) TCL
upvoted 0 times
Sommer
19 days ago
C) IDML
upvoted 0 times
Georgene
21 days ago
B) IDDL
upvoted 0 times
Colby
23 days ago
Yeah, DCL is specifically for controlling access to database objects. So, it's the right choice.
upvoted 0 times
Iraida
23 days ago
A) DCL
upvoted 0 times
Devora
25 days ago
Oh, really? I thought it was IDML for data manipulation. But DCL makes sense too.
upvoted 0 times
Shizue
27 days ago
I think it's actually DCL, which stands for Data Control Language.
upvoted 0 times
Louis
28 days ago
A) DCL
upvoted 0 times
Dyan
1 months ago
IDML is actually for data manipulation, not revoking permissions.
upvoted 0 times
Armanda
1 months ago
D) TCL
upvoted 0 times
Eva
1 months ago
D) TCL
upvoted 0 times
Glen
1 months ago
C) IDML
upvoted 0 times
Hyun
1 months ago
B) IDDL
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
1 months ago
C) IDML
upvoted 0 times
Leanora
1 months ago
A) DCL
upvoted 0 times
Paris
2 months ago
B) IDDL
upvoted 0 times
Gwenn
2 months ago
A) DCL
upvoted 0 times
Sang
3 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think it might be C) IDML.
upvoted 0 times
Brianne
3 months ago
I'm pretty sure it's DCL. That's the category for all the access control commands, right?
upvoted 0 times
Rikki
2 months ago
That's right! DCL is the category of SQL commands required to revoke access to database objects.
upvoted 0 times
Sang
2 months ago
Yes, you're correct. DCL stands for Data Control Language and is used for access control commands.
upvoted 0 times
Janine
3 months ago
I agree with Edna, DCL is for revoking access.
upvoted 0 times
Edna
3 months ago
I think the answer is A) DCL.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel