Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam DS0-001 Topic 1 Question 20 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's DS0-001 exam
Question #: 20
Topic #: 1
[All DS0-001 Questions]

Which of the following best describes the category of SQL commands required to revoke access to database objects?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The category of SQL commands that is required to revoke access to database objects is DCL. DCL, or Data Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage the access or permissions of users or roles on a database. DCL includes commands such as GRANT and REVOKE. GRANT is a DCL command that is used to grant privileges or roles to users or roles on specific objects in a database, such as tables, views, procedures, etc. REVOKE is a DCL command that is used to revoke privileges or roles from users or roles on specific objects in a database. For example, the following statement uses the REVOKE command to revoke the SELECT privilege from user Alice on table employee:

REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM Alice;

The other options are either different categories of SQL commands or not related to SQL commands at all. For example, IDDL is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; IDML is not a valid acronym or category of SQL commands; TCL, or Transaction Control Language, is a subset of SQL commands that are used to control or manage transactions on a database, such as committing or rolling back changes.Reference:CompTIA DataSys+ Course Outline, Domain 4.0 Data and Database Security, Objective 4.2 Given a scenario, implement security controls for databases.

Contribute your Thoughts:

German
1 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think Merilyn might be right. TCL sounds like it could be the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Merilyn
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe it's D) TCL because it stands for Transaction Control Language.
upvoted 0 times
Lindsey
2 months ago
DCL, for sure. I remember learning that in my database class - it's all about managing database security and permissions.
upvoted 0 times
Lashanda
28 days ago
Yes, DCL stands for Data Control Language and is used for controlling access to database objects.
upvoted 0 times
Kenneth
1 months ago
I agree, DCL is definitely the category of SQL commands used for managing database security.
upvoted 0 times
Eloisa
2 months ago
Hmm, I think the answer is DCL. Those are the commands used to manage user permissions and access control, right?
upvoted 0 times
Claudio
1 months ago
That's right! DCL commands like REVOKE are used to revoke access to database objects.
upvoted 0 times
Tayna
2 months ago
Yes, you are correct. DCL stands for Data Control Language and is used for managing user permissions and access control.
upvoted 0 times
Meaghan
2 months ago
I think the answer is A) DCL.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel