Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-004 Topic 6 Question 15 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-004 exam
Question #: 15
Topic #: 6
[All CV0-004 Questions]

A systems administrator notices a surge of network traffic is coming from the monitoring server. The administrator discovers that large amounts of data are being downloaded to an external source. While investigating, the administrator reviews the following logs:

Which of the following ports has been compromised?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E

Based on the logs provided, the port that has been compromised is Port 8048. The state 'TIME_WAIT' indicates that this port was recently used to establish a connection that has now ended. This could be indicative of the recent activity where large amounts of data were downloaded to an external source, suggesting a potential security breach. Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide (Exam CV0-004) by Todd Montgomery and Stephen Olson

Contribute your Thoughts:

Barb
20 hours ago
Aha! Port 22 is the obvious choice. If I were a hacker, that's the first port I'd try to compromise. Gotta love the classics, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Quentin
3 days ago
My money's on port 443. It's the standard HTTPS port, and a hacker could be using that to mask their activities. Tricky, but not unheard of.
upvoted 0 times
Tambra
5 days ago
Hmm, port 8048 is a bit suspicious. Who uses that port, anyway? Definitely worth a closer look.
upvoted 0 times
Mitsue
18 days ago
I'd say it's port 4443. That's an uncommon port, and it might be used to bypass security measures. Better investigate that one.
upvoted 0 times
Ira
4 days ago
User 3: I'm with you both. Let's prioritize checking port 4443 for any security breaches.
upvoted 0 times
Katy
6 days ago
User 2: Yeah, I agree. Let's focus on investigating that port further.
upvoted 0 times
Gussie
11 days ago
User 1: I think it's port 4443 too. It looks suspicious.
upvoted 0 times
Ben
20 days ago
That's true, both ports are high-risk. We should investigate further to be sure.
upvoted 0 times
Virgina
1 months ago
Port 443 is for HTTPS, which is also a common target. It could be compromised too.
upvoted 0 times
Luke
1 months ago
But Port 22 is commonly used for SSH, it could be a target for attackers.
upvoted 0 times
Arlene
1 months ago
Port 22 looks like the culprit. That's the default port for SSH, and it would make sense for a hacker to use that to gain unauthorized access.
upvoted 0 times
Marica
6 days ago
Yes, Port 22 is a common target for hackers. We need to take immediate action to secure our network.
upvoted 0 times
Oren
8 days ago
I agree, Port 22 is definitely suspicious. We should investigate further to see if there are any unauthorized SSH connections.
upvoted 0 times
Ammie
9 days ago
Let's focus on Port 22 and Port 443 for now. We need to act quickly to prevent any further data exfiltration.
upvoted 0 times
Sonia
15 days ago
I think we should also check Port 443. It's commonly used for HTTPS traffic, but it could also be exploited by attackers.
upvoted 0 times
Rueben
24 days ago
I agree, Port 22 is definitely suspicious. We should investigate further to see if there are any unauthorized SSH connections.
upvoted 0 times
Ben
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe it's Port 443.
upvoted 0 times
Luke
1 months ago
I think the compromised port is Port 22.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel