Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-004 Topic 4 Question 13 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-004 exam
Question #: 13
Topic #: 4
[All CV0-004 Questions]

A systems administrator notices a surge of network traffic is coming from the monitoring server. The administrator discovers that large amounts of data are being downloaded to an external source. While investigating, the administrator reviews the following logs:

Which of the following ports has been compromised?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E

Based on the logs provided, the port that has been compromised is Port 8048. The state 'TIME_WAIT' indicates that this port was recently used to establish a connection that has now ended. This could be indicative of the recent activity where large amounts of data were downloaded to an external source, suggesting a potential security breach. Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide (Exam CV0-004) by Todd Montgomery and Stephen Olson

Contribute your Thoughts:

Sylvie
23 days ago
I'm picturing the admin just sitting back, rubbing their hands together, and wondering who's going to choose the right port. Gotta love these tricky networking questions!
upvoted 0 times
Ty
24 days ago
Haha, the correct answer is definitely port 8048. It's like the admin was playing a game of 'guess the obscure port' and trying to stump us!
upvoted 0 times
Jarvis
28 days ago
I'm going to say port 22. SSH is a common target for attacks, and the logs point to some suspicious activity on that port.
upvoted 0 times
Marnie
30 days ago
Port 443 is the obvious choice here. It's used for HTTPS, and the large data downloads indicate a potential breach.
upvoted 0 times
Truman
1 months ago
I'm going with port 4443. That port number stands out, and it's not a common one, so it's likely the culprit.
upvoted 0 times
Sharan
18 days ago
Let's focus on port 4443 and see if we can block the unauthorized data transfer.
upvoted 0 times
Kasandra
23 days ago
Port 4443 is definitely worth looking into. Let's see if we can trace where the data is going.
upvoted 0 times
Ronnie
24 days ago
I agree, port 4443 does seem suspicious. We should investigate further.
upvoted 0 times
Ula
1 months ago
Hmm, from the logs, it looks like port 8048 is the one that's been compromised. That's not a typical port, so it seems suspicious.
upvoted 0 times
Margot
20 days ago
User 2: Yeah, let's block that port and see if the network traffic decreases.
upvoted 0 times
Fidelia
25 days ago
User 1: I agree, port 8048 does seem suspicious. We should investigate further.
upvoted 0 times
Leanora
1 months ago
That makes sense, Port 443 is a common target for attackers trying to steal data.
upvoted 0 times
Coral
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe it's Port 443 because it's commonly used for HTTPS traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Leanora
2 months ago
I think the compromised port is Port 22.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel