Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-003 Topic 5 Question 87 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-003 exam
Question #: 87
Topic #: 5
[All CV0-003 Questions]

An integration application that communicates between different application and database servers is currently hosted on a physical machine. A P2V migration needs to be done to reduce the hardware footprint. Which of the following should be considered to maintain the same level of network throughput and latency in the virtual server?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Erasmo
1 months ago
Adding more vCPU or increasing VM swap size won't necessarily improve network throughput, right?
upvoted 0 times
Shanice
1 months ago
Haha, increasing the VM swap/paging size? That's like trying to fix a leaky faucet with duct tape. Not a real solution in this case.
upvoted 0 times
Teddy
1 months ago
But wouldn't adding more vCPU also help improve performance? I'm not sure if that's the best option here.
upvoted 0 times
Ciara
7 days ago
A) Upgrading the physical server NICs to support 10Gbps
upvoted 0 times
Crissy
1 months ago
I think option C is the way to go. Enabling SR-IOV will help maintain the same level of network throughput and latency in the virtual server.
upvoted 0 times
Desirae
24 days ago
I think upgrading the physical server NICs to support 10Gbps is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Leota
26 days ago
I agree, enabling SR-IOV capability is the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Alberta
1 months ago
That's true, but SR-IOV can provide direct access to the physical NIC for better performance.
upvoted 0 times
Tiera
1 months ago
But wouldn't upgrading the physical server NICs to support 10Gbps also be a good option?
upvoted 0 times
Erasmo
2 months ago
I agree with Alberta, SR-IOV can help maintain network throughput.
upvoted 0 times
Alberta
2 months ago
I think we should consider enabling SR-IOV capability.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel