Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-003 Topic 5 Question 86 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-003 exam
Question #: 86
Topic #: 5
[All CV0-003 Questions]

A systems administrator deployed a new web application in a public cloud and would like to test it, but the company's network firewall is only allowing outside connections to the cloud provider network using TCP port 22. While waiting for the network administrator to open the required ports, which of the following actions should the systems administrator take to test the new application? (Select two).

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, F

To test the new web application in the public cloud, the systems administrator should create a replica database, synchronize the data, and switch to the new instance, and create a SSH tunnel. Creating a replica database can help minimize the downtime and ensure data consistency during the migration. Synchronizing the data can help keep the replica database up to date with the original database. Switching to the new instance can help activate the new web application in the public cloud. Creating a SSH tunnel can help bypass the network firewall and access the web application using TCP port 22. SSH is a secure protocol that can create encrypted tunnels between the local and remote hosts. By creating a SSH tunnel, the systems administrator can forward the web application traffic through the tunnel and test it using a web browser. Reference: [CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Certification Study Guide], Chapter 7, Objective 7.1: Given a scenario, migrate applications and data to the cloud.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Dolores
2 months ago
Yep, SSH tunnel is the correct answer. I can't believe they even included options like GRE tunnel. What is this, a trick question?
upvoted 0 times
William
2 months ago
I believe creating an IPSec tunnel could be another viable option to test the new application.
upvoted 0 times
Marva
2 months ago
Ha! Trying to access the application through the default gateway IP? That's like trying to reach the moon by jumping off a cliff. SSH tunnel is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Dominga
2 months ago
User 3: I agree, creating an SSH tunnel is a good workaround while waiting for the network administrator to open the required ports.
upvoted 0 times
Aliza
2 months ago
User 2: Aliza is right, SSH tunnel is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Keneth
2 months ago
User 1: Ha! Trying to access the application through the default gateway IP? That's like trying to reach the moon by jumping off a cliff.
upvoted 0 times
Jodi
2 months ago
I think opening a browser using the localhost IP address could also work for testing.
upvoted 0 times
Serina
2 months ago
I agree with Mari, creating a VPN tunnel would be a good option.
upvoted 0 times
Sheridan
2 months ago
Using the localhost IP address won't work since the application is hosted in the public cloud. I'd go with the SSH tunnel option.
upvoted 0 times
Leonard
1 months ago
Agreed, it's a secure way to access the application in the public cloud.
upvoted 0 times
Lisbeth
1 months ago
That's a good idea, SSH tunnel should work for testing the application.
upvoted 0 times
Arlette
1 months ago
F) Create a SSH tunnel.
upvoted 0 times
Nada
2 months ago
B) Create a VPN tunnel.
upvoted 0 times
Elouise
2 months ago
Creating a VPN tunnel also seems like a good choice. That way, I can access the cloud environment securely without needing to open additional ports.
upvoted 0 times
Eveline
19 days ago
It's a smart move while waiting for the network administrator to open the required ports.
upvoted 0 times
Odette
21 days ago
Yeah, that way we can access the cloud environment securely.
upvoted 0 times
Raymon
22 days ago
I think creating a VPN tunnel is a good idea.
upvoted 0 times
Sherill
26 days ago
It's a smart choice while waiting for the network administrator to open the required ports.
upvoted 0 times
Yasuko
28 days ago
Yeah, that way we can access the cloud environment securely.
upvoted 0 times
Shad
29 days ago
I think creating a VPN tunnel is a good idea.
upvoted 0 times
Mari
3 months ago
I think we should create a VPN tunnel to test the new application.
upvoted 0 times
Yuki
3 months ago
I think opening an SSH tunnel would be a great way to test the application while waiting for the network admin to open the ports. It's a secure and reliable option.
upvoted 0 times
Corinne
2 months ago
C: Opening a browser using the localhost IP address could also work in the meantime.
upvoted 0 times
Brock
2 months ago
A: That's a good suggestion, let's give it a try.
upvoted 0 times
Lakeesha
2 months ago
B: We could also try creating a VPN tunnel to access the application.
upvoted 0 times
Larue
2 months ago
A: I agree, creating an SSH tunnel is a good idea.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel