Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CS0-003 Topic 5 Question 17 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CS0-003 exam
Question #: 17
Topic #: 5
[All CS0-003 Questions]

A security analyst has prepared a vulnerability scan that contains all of the company's functional subnets. During the initial scan, users reported that network printers began to print pages that contained unreadable text and icons.

Which of the following should the analyst do to ensure this behavior does not oocur during subsequent vulnerability scans?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The best way to prevent network printers from printing pages during a vulnerability scan is to create a tailored scan for the printer subnet that excludes the ports and services that trigger the printing behavior. The other options are not effective for this purpose: performing non-credentialed scans may not reduce the impact on the printers; ignoring embedded web server ports may not cover all the possible ports that cause printing; increasing the threshold length of the scan timeout may not prevent the printing from occurring.

According to the CompTIA CySA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-003, 3rd Edition1, one of the objectives for the exam is to ''use appropriate tools and methods to manage, prioritize and respond to attacks and vulnerabilities''. The book also covers the usage and syntax of vulnerability scanning tools, such as Nessus, Nmap, and Qualys, in chapter 4. Specifically, it explains the meaning and function of each component in vulnerability scanning, such as credentialed vs. non-credentialed scans, port scanning, and scan scheduling1, pages 149-160. It also discusses the common issues and challenges of vulnerability scanning, such as network disruptions, false positives, and scan scope1, pages 161-162. Therefore, this is a reliable source to verify the answer to the question.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Claudia
3 months ago
I see your point. Maybe we should consider both options C and D.
upvoted 0 times
Gerri
3 months ago
That's true, but increasing the scan timeout might also help prevent the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Daisy
3 months ago
But wouldn't option C specifically target the issue with the printers?
upvoted 0 times
Claudia
3 months ago
I think option A might be worth considering as well.
upvoted 0 times
Gerri
4 months ago
I disagree, I believe option D would be more effective.
upvoted 0 times
Daisy
4 months ago
I think option C is the best choice.
upvoted 0 times
Elouise
4 months ago
That's true. Non-credentialed scans might be another solution to consider.
upvoted 0 times
Juan
5 months ago
But wouldn't performing non-credentialed scans help avoid this issue as well?
upvoted 0 times
Markus
5 months ago
That sounds like a good idea. The unreadable text and icons might be due to the way the scan is being conducted.
upvoted 0 times
Leslie
4 months ago
D) Increase the threshold length of the scan timeout.
upvoted 0 times
Teri
4 months ago
C) Create a tailored scan for the printer subnet.
upvoted 0 times
Thersa
4 months ago
A) Perform non-credentialed scans.
upvoted 0 times
Elouise
5 months ago
I think the analyst should create a tailored scan for the printer subnet.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel