Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CAS-004 Topic 4 Question 56 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CAS-004 exam
Question #: 56
Topic #: 4
[All CAS-004 Questions]

Law enforcement officials informed an organization that an investigation has begun. Which of the following is the FIRST step the organization should take?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

A legal hold is a process by which an organization instructs its employees or other relevant parties to preserve specific data for potential litigation. A legal hold is triggered when litigation is reasonably anticipated, such as when law enforcement officials inform an organization that an investigation has begun. The first step the organization should take is to initiate a legal hold to ensure that relevant evidence is not deleted, destroyed, or altered. A legal hold also demonstrates the organization's good faith and compliance with its duty to preserve evidence. Verified Reference:

https://percipient.co/litigation-hold-triggers-and-the-duty-to-preserve-evidence/

Contribute your Thoughts:

Carlee
11 days ago
This is a piece of cake! A legal hold, easy peasy. Although, I do hope the investigation isn't about that time I 'borrowed' the office printer, haha.
upvoted 0 times
Fernanda
14 days ago
Hold up, did someone say 'subpoena'? D is the only way to go. Might as well get comfy reading the fine print, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Willard
21 days ago
C is the obvious choice here. Time to get the e-discovery team on this pronto! Gotta make sure we have all our ducks in a row.
upvoted 0 times
Darnell
22 days ago
I'd say B is the way to go. Gotta make sure we're following the retention policy to the letter. Can't go ruffling any feathers with the authorities.
upvoted 0 times
Ben
25 days ago
Definitely go with A. A legal hold is the way to go when an investigation starts. Don't want any evidence getting 'lost' now, do we?
upvoted 0 times
Jerilyn
23 hours ago
B) Refer to the retention policy
upvoted 0 times
Jules
2 days ago
Absolutely, it's crucial to preserve all relevant information.
upvoted 0 times
Glenn
15 days ago
A) Initiate a legal hold.
upvoted 0 times
Deonna
1 months ago
I think reviewing the subpoena is important too, to know the scope of the investigation.
upvoted 0 times
Jimmie
1 months ago
But shouldn't they also refer to the retention policy to understand their obligations?
upvoted 0 times
Jesus
1 months ago
I agree with Derick, initiating a legal hold is crucial to preserve evidence.
upvoted 0 times
Derick
2 months ago
I think the organization should initiate a legal hold first.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel