Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CAS-004 Topic 2 Question 55 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CAS-004 exam
Question #: 55
Topic #: 2
[All CAS-004 Questions]

A security engineer needs to implement a cost-effective authentication scheme for a new web-based application that requires:

* Rapid authentication

* Flexible authorization

* Ease of deployment

* Low cost but high functionality

Which of the following approaches best meets these objectives?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

OAuth, which stands for Open Authorization, is a standard for authorization that enables secure token-based access. It allows users to grant a web application access to their information on another web application without giving them the credentials for their account. OAuth is particularly useful for rapid authentication, flexible authorization, ease of deployment, and offers high functionality at a low cost, making it an ideal choice for new web-based applications. This approach is well-suited for situations where web applications need to interact with each other on behalf of the user, without sharing user's password, such as integrating a geolocation application with Facebook. OAuth uses tokens issued by an authorization server, providing restricted access to a user's data, which aligns with the objectives of rapid authentication, flexible authorization, ease of deployment, and cost-effectiveness.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Merilyn
24 days ago
I'm not sure, but I heard TACACS+ is the secret sauce for security engineers. It's like the Kool-Aid of the authentication world.
upvoted 0 times
Jody
25 days ago
I personally prefer Kerberos for rapid authentication and low cost.
upvoted 0 times
Royce
29 days ago
Hmm, I'd say OAuth is the way to go. It's like the Swiss Army knife of authentication schemes - does everything you need and more!
upvoted 0 times
Shawnda
20 hours ago
But what about SAML? It's known for its flexibility in authorization.
upvoted 0 times
Tracie
2 days ago
I agree, OAuth is definitely a versatile option for authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Ozell
30 days ago
I'm not sure about OAuth, I think SAML might be a better option for ease of deployment.
upvoted 0 times
Joanne
1 months ago
I agree with Rochell, OAuth is cost-effective and provides flexible authorization.
upvoted 0 times
Curtis
2 months ago
I'm leaning towards SAML. It's a well-established standard and should meet all the requirements, plus it's relatively cost-effective.
upvoted 0 times
Rochell
2 months ago
I think the best approach would be OAuth.
upvoted 0 times
Gabriele
2 months ago
Definitely go with OAuth. It's flexible, easy to deploy, and gives you the functionality you need at a low cost.
upvoted 0 times
Sharmaine
7 days ago
OAuth is the way to go for rapid authentication and flexible authorization.
upvoted 0 times
Valda
10 days ago
It's definitely the most cost-effective option.
upvoted 0 times
Carry
15 days ago
I agree, OAuth meets all the requirements for the authentication scheme.
upvoted 0 times
Ramonita
23 days ago
OAuth is a great choice for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel