Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1102 Topic 2 Question 36 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1102 exam
Question #: 36
Topic #: 2
[All 220-1102 Questions]

A user is attempting to access a shared drive from a company-issued laptop while working from home. The user is unable to access any files and notices a red X next to each shared drive. Which of the following needs to be configured in order to restore the user's access to the shared drives?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

When a user is unable to access shared drives from a company-issued laptop while working from home, the likely requirement is:

VPN (Virtual Private Network): A VPN allows secure access to the company's network from a remote location. Without a VPN connection, the user cannot access network resources such as shared drives.

IPv6: Involves IP addressing and is not directly related to accessing shared drives.

IPS (Intrusion Prevention System): Provides network security but does not facilitate access to shared drives.

DNS: Manages domain name resolution and is not typically the issue when specific shared drives are inaccessible.

CompTIA A+ 220-1102 Exam Objectives, Section 2.7: Explain common methods for securing mobile and embedded devices.

VPN configuration and remote access documentation.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Thaddeus
20 days ago
I'm feeling confident about B) VPN. It's the go-to answer when you can't access something from outside the office. Unless, of course, the problem is that the VPN is down, and then we're all in trouble.
upvoted 0 times
Talia
3 days ago
User 2: Agreed, VPN is the way to go. Let's hope it's just a quick fix.
upvoted 0 times
Lenora
13 days ago
User 1: I think B) VPN is the solution. It's usually the key to accessing shared drives remotely.
upvoted 0 times
Erinn
27 days ago
Hmm, I'm going with B) VPN. It's the classic solution for remote access to company resources. Plus, I hear the IT guy has a sweet VPN setup with a dancing unicorn logo.
upvoted 0 times
Cherry
1 months ago
D) DNS seems like the right choice to me. If the DNS settings are not properly configured, the user won't be able to resolve the shared drive addresses.
upvoted 0 times
Michal
1 months ago
I think VPN is the correct answer because it would establish a secure connection to the company network.
upvoted 0 times
Norah
1 months ago
I think the answer is B) VPN. The user is working from home, so a VPN connection would be needed to access the shared drives on the company network.
upvoted 0 times
Rebbeca
9 days ago
I agree, a VPN connection is necessary to access the shared drives from home.
upvoted 0 times
Ammie
10 days ago
Make sure to connect to the VPN before trying to access the shared drives.
upvoted 0 times
Berry
11 days ago
Yes, you're correct. A VPN connection is needed to access the shared drives from home.
upvoted 0 times
Suzan
26 days ago
I think the answer is B) VPN.
upvoted 0 times
Vilma
2 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think D) DNS could also be a possible solution.
upvoted 0 times
Lettie
2 months ago
I agree with James, VPN would allow secure access to the shared drives.
upvoted 0 times
James
2 months ago
I think the answer is B) VPN.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel