Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1101 Topic 4 Question 37 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1101 exam
Question #: 37
Topic #: 4
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A technician is replacing the power supply in a computer. Which of the following safety measures should the technician take to protect the computer?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

When replacing a power supply in a computer, wearing an antistatic wrist strap is crucial to prevent static electricity from damaging the computer components. Static electricity can easily damage sensitive electronic components within the computer; therefore, using an antistatic wrist strap helps to ground the technician, mitigating the risk of electrostatic discharge. The other options provide general safety but do not address the primary concern of electrostatic discharge in this context.

Reference: CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) objectives covering best practices for hardware maintenance, including electrostatic discharge prevention.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Eric
12 days ago
Wearing an antistatic wrist strap is key. Don't want to end up with a shocking experience, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Yolande
20 days ago
Minimizing tools? What is this, the Stone Age? I need my full toolkit to get the job done right.
upvoted 0 times
Georgene
25 days ago
Gloves? What is this, brain surgery? I'd rather have the dexterity to actually replace the power supply.
upvoted 0 times
Rose
25 days ago
I don't think wearing protective eyewear is necessary for replacing a power supply.
upvoted 0 times
Arlie
26 days ago
I think wearing gloves could also be helpful to protect against any sharp edges or debris.
upvoted 0 times
Sheldon
27 days ago
I agree with Mendy. It's important to prevent static electricity from damaging the computer components.
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
29 days ago
Protective eyewear? This isn't a nuclear reactor, people! Just use some common sense.
upvoted 0 times
Shawnta
9 days ago
A: Wear an antistatic wrist strap.
upvoted 0 times
Alecia
1 months ago
Definitely the antistatic wrist strap. Can't risk frying the poor thing with static electricity!
upvoted 0 times
Erasmo
23 days ago
User 2: A) Wear an antistatic wrist strap.
upvoted 0 times
Lucille
27 days ago
User 1: Definitely the antistatic wrist strap. Can't risk frying the poor thing with static electricity!
upvoted 0 times
Mendy
1 months ago
I think the technician should wear an antistatic wrist strap.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel