Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Citrix Exam 1Y0-312 Topic 4 Question 91 Discussion

Actual exam question for Citrix's 1Y0-312 exam
Question #: 91
Topic #: 4
[All 1Y0-312 Questions]

Scenario: A Citrix Engineer is maintaining a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment. The engineer recently deployed Citrix App Layering for improved image management with Machine Creation Services (MCS). The infrastructure requires various 32-bit and 64-bit operating system platforms.

Which three considerations does the engineer need to be aware of when creating various OS Layers for the company infrastructure? (Choose three.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, C, E

Platform and Application Layers are tied to the OS Layer

Before a version or layer can be deleted, it must not be in use by a template

Have one Operating System layer per Operating System (Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, etc.)

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX225952

Contribute your Thoughts:

Renea
30 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure about E. Wouldn't you want a separate layer for 32-bit and 64-bit, just to be safe? Better to be thorough, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Yuette
1 months ago
Haha, 10 OS layers? What is this, the Stone Age? These days you need to be able to handle way more than that. I'm going with C and F.
upvoted 0 times
Kris
1 months ago
I agree with Frederic. And option F is a good one too - you don't want any hypervisor-specific stuff in the OS layer, that could cause problems.
upvoted 0 times
Eun
3 days ago
C) Before an OS version or layer can be deleted from the Citrix App Layering Management console, it must first NOT be in use by an existing template.
upvoted 0 times
Nelida
4 days ago
A) Application and Platform Layers are directly tied to the operating system layer on which they were created.
upvoted 0 times
Francoise
1 months ago
I believe option D is also important as each OS build needs a unique layer for better organization.
upvoted 0 times
Frederic
2 months ago
Option C is definitely the right answer. You can't delete an OS layer that's being used by a template - that's just common sense!
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
8 days ago
That's right, option C is crucial to avoid any issues with template usage.
upvoted 0 times
Loreta
13 days ago
E) The engineer does NOT need to create a unique OS Layer for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the same OS type.
upvoted 0 times
Aleshia
18 days ago
C) Before an OS version or layer can be deleted from the Citrix App Layering Management console, it must first NOT be in use by an existing template.
upvoted 0 times
Malinda
1 months ago
A) Application and Platform Layers are directly tied to the operating system layer on which they were created.
upvoted 0 times
Jimmie
2 months ago
I agree with Zita. Option A is crucial for proper image management.
upvoted 0 times
Zita
2 months ago
I think option A is important because the Application and Platform Layers need to match the OS layer.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel