Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-510 Topic 9 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-510 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 9
[All 300-510 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

Refer to the exhibit. Company X is multihomed to a service provider. With the default settings, the link between PE2 and CE1 is the primary link, but company X has asked for the link between PE4 and CE2 to operate as the primary instead. A network engineer used a route map with local-preference to manipulate the routes from PE2 to CE1 to be less desirable and applied the route map on PE2 outbound to CE1. However, the path from PE2 to CE1 is still preferred. Which action must the engineer take so that the desired path is chosen?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ciara
2 months ago
Candidate 6: That could be another option to try, but local-preference seems to be the common choice for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Bok
2 months ago
Candidate 5: Maybe we should consider applying MED in the outbound direction on PE2 as well.
upvoted 0 times
Rasheeda
2 months ago
Candidate 4: I don't think that would work, the local-preference option seems more appropriate.
upvoted 0 times
Rasheeda
3 months ago
Candidate 3: But what about configuring the weight attribute on PE2 with a lower value?
upvoted 0 times
Johnson
4 months ago
Candidate 2: I agree, that should make the desired path chosen.
upvoted 0 times
Olen
4 months ago
Candidate 1: I think the engineer should apply local-preference on PE2 outbound to CE2.
upvoted 0 times
Ahmed
4 months ago
That could work too, or they could also configure the weight attribute on PE2 in the outbound direction to CE2 with a value less than 65535.
upvoted 0 times
Rebecka
4 months ago
But what if they configure the AS path prepend attribute to increase the number of hops between CE2 and PE4?
upvoted 0 times
Ahmed
4 months ago
I think the engineer should apply local-preference on PE2 outbound to CE2 with a value less than 100.
upvoted 0 times
Tatum
4 months ago
Sure, let's give it a try and see which solution is the most effective.
upvoted 0 times
Jennie
4 months ago
That could be another option. Let's test it out and see if it works.
upvoted 0 times
Odelia
4 months ago
D) Apply MED in the outbound direction on PE2 to CE1 with a cost lower than the path from PE4 to CE2.
upvoted 0 times
Whitney
4 months ago
I see your point. But what about applying MED in the outbound direction on PE2 to CE1 with a cost lower than the path from PE4 to CE2?
upvoted 0 times
Dorathy
4 months ago
B) Configure the weight attribute on PE2 in the outbound direction to CE2 with a value less than 65535.
upvoted 0 times
Wynell
4 months ago
That might work, but what if we try configuring the weight attribute on PE2 in the outbound direction to CE2 with a value less than 65535?
upvoted 0 times
Kate
4 months ago
A) Apply local-preference on PE2 outbound to CE2 with a value less than 100.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel