Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 300-510 Topic 13 Question 92 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 300-510 exam
Question #: 92
Topic #: 13
[All 300-510 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

IS-IS is the routing protocol on the network. After the team noticed excessive CPU usage on all routers, particularly routers R2 and R6, they configured route summarization on all routers. However, a network engineer noticed that summary routes and more specific routes are present in the routing table on R1. Which action must the team take so that R1 receives only the summary routes?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Karan
22 days ago
I believe configuring R6 only for all routers would be the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Cory
26 days ago
I'm leaning towards option C. Configuring R3 and R5 to handle the summarization for both levels seems like the most comprehensive solution. Plus, it's always good to have a backup plan, just in case.
upvoted 0 times
Gwenn
23 hours ago
Good point. It's always important to consider redundancy in network configurations.
upvoted 0 times
King
11 days ago
That's true, but having redundancy with multiple routers handling the summarization can provide a backup in case one router fails.
upvoted 0 times
Leota
15 days ago
But wouldn't it be better to have a single router handle the summarization for all routers? Option D seems like a simpler solution.
upvoted 0 times
Rikki
17 days ago
I think option C is a good choice too. Having multiple routers handle the summarization can help distribute the load.
upvoted 0 times
Candra
1 months ago
Ah, the joys of routing protocols and excessive CPU usage. I bet the team wishes they could just unplug everything and call it a day. But alas, the show must go on!
upvoted 0 times
Marshall
1 months ago
I'm not sure about that. Wouldn't it be better to configure the Level 1 and Level 2 routers separately? I think option B might be the safest bet here.
upvoted 0 times
Amira
7 days ago
But wouldn't it be simpler to just configure R6 to perform summarization for all routers?
upvoted 0 times
Bok
8 days ago
I agree, separating Level 1 and Level 2 routers for summarization sounds like a good idea.
upvoted 0 times
Bobbye
1 months ago
Option D seems like the way to go. Configuring R6 to perform summarization for all routers should do the trick and keep R1's routing table nice and tidy.
upvoted 0 times
Leslie
15 days ago
User 2: Agreed, configuring R6 for summarization should help clean up R1's routing table.
upvoted 0 times
Franchesca
16 days ago
User 1: I think option D is the best choice.
upvoted 0 times
Nguyet
1 months ago
But what about configuring R3 for Level 1 routers and R6 for Level 2 routers?
upvoted 0 times
Amira
2 months ago
I think we should configure R2 and R4 for Level 1 routers.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel