Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CheckPoint Exam 156-315.81 Topic 10 Question 44 Discussion

Actual exam question for CheckPoint's 156-315.81 exam
Question #: 44
Topic #: 10
[All 156-315.81 Questions]

Fill in the blanks: Default port numbers for an LDAP server is ________________ for standard connections and SSL connections.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) operates over different ports, with each serving a specific purpose. Port389is the default port for unsecured LDAP connections or LDAP with StartTLS, which upgrades the connection to use TLS (Transport Layer Security) for encryption.On the other hand, port636is used for LDAP over SSL/TLS, often referred to as LDAPS (LDAP Secure), where communication is encrypted from the start of the connection1.

LDAP Ports Explained: Configuring Standard, StartTLS, and LDAPS Connections

Red Hat Directory Server documentation on changing LDAP and LDAPS port numbers

Oracle documentation on Directory Server and Directory Proxy Server LDAP and LDAPS Port Numbers

ServerFault discussion on LDAP server authentication ports

Contribute your Thoughts:

Vinnie
1 months ago
Ah, the age-old question of LDAP port numbers. D) 389; 636, of course! Unless you're a secret agent trying to hack the mainframe, then it's probably 007; 007.
upvoted 0 times
Aliza
1 months ago
Alright, let's see... D) 389; 636. Wait, is that the universal port for LDAP and SSL? Or is it the secret code to unlock the treasure chest? *scratches head*
upvoted 0 times
Dorinda
1 months ago
Hah, this one's a piece of cake! It's D) 389; 636. I bet the person who wrote this question is still using Windows 95.
upvoted 0 times
Ma
27 days ago
You're right, it's D) 389; 636. Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Glen
1 months ago
The reason why port 389 is used for standard connections is because it's the well-known port for LDAP. And port 636 is used for SSL connections to ensure secure communication.
upvoted 0 times
Shawna
1 months ago
I'm not sure about this. Can someone explain why those port numbers are used for LDAP servers?
upvoted 0 times
Dominic
1 months ago
I agree with Odette. Using port 389 for standard connections and 636 for SSL connections is the common practice for LDAP servers.
upvoted 0 times
Mary
1 months ago
Hmm, let me think... Ah, I got it! D) 389; 636. The SSL port is always 636, right? Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Josefa
18 days ago
That's right! LDAP uses port 389 for standard connections and port 636 for SSL connections.
upvoted 0 times
Gerri
27 days ago
Yes, you're correct! The standard port is 389 and the SSL port is 636.
upvoted 0 times
Brynn
2 months ago
The default port numbers for LDAP server are a no-brainer. It's gotta be D) 389; 636. I mean, who doesn't know that?
upvoted 0 times
Kimberlie
4 days ago
Yeah, it's a basic but crucial detail to keep in mind when working with LDAP.
upvoted 0 times
Ivan
7 days ago
I always double check the port numbers before configuring LDAP.
upvoted 0 times
Devora
8 days ago
It's important to remember those port numbers for setting up LDAP servers.
upvoted 0 times
Kimberlie
10 days ago
I agree, the default port numbers for LDAP server are 389 for standard connections and 636 for SSL connections.
upvoted 0 times
Odette
2 months ago
I think the default port numbers for an LDAP server is 389 for standard connections and 636 for SSL connections.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel