Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CheckPoint Exam 156-215.81 Topic 6 Question 52 Discussion

Actual exam question for CheckPoint's 156-215.81 exam
Question #: 52
Topic #: 6
[All 156-215.81 Questions]

What are valid authentication methods for mutual authenticating the VPN gateways?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

This answer is correct because these are two valid methods for mutually authenticating the VPN gateways, which means that both sides of the communication verify each other's identity using a shared secret or a public key certificate1.A pre-shared secret is a password or a passphrase that both gateways know and use to encrypt and decrypt the VPN traffic2.A PKI certificate is a digital document that contains the public key and other information that helps identify the gateway, such as the issuer, the subject, and the expiration date3.The certificate is signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA) that vouches for the authenticity of the gateway3.

The other answers are not correct because they either include invalid or irrelevant methods for mutual authentication.PKI certificates and Kerberos tickets are not compatible methods for mutual authentication, because Kerberos tickets are issued by a Kerberos server and not by a CA4.Pre-shared secrets and Kerberos tickets are also not compatible methods for mutual authentication, because they use different protocols and encryption algorithms4.PKI certificates and DynamiciD OTP are not valid methods for mutual authentication, because DynamiciD OTP is a one-time password that is used for user authentication, not for gateway authentication5.

What is mutual authentication? | Two-way authentication

Mutual authentication - AWS Client VPN

VPN authentication options - Windows Security

Mutual Authentication | Top 3 Methods of Mutual Authentication

Authentication methods and features - Microsoft Entra

Contribute your Thoughts:

Olene
2 days ago
PKI Certificates and DynamiciD OTP? Now that's a combo that would make even the most tech-savvy criminals break a sweat.
upvoted 0 times
Dong
5 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think option D) PKI Certificates and DynamiciD OTP could also be a valid authentication method for mutual authenticating VPN gateways.
upvoted 0 times
Melvin
6 days ago
I agree with Margot, using both Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates provides a strong authentication for VPN gateways.
upvoted 0 times
Leoma
15 days ago
Pre-Shared Secrets? Sounds like something straight out of a spy movie. I'm digging it!
upvoted 0 times
Jesusita
4 days ago
Pre-Shared Secrets can definitely make you feel like a spy!
upvoted 0 times
Louvenia
6 days ago
C) Pre-Shared Secrets and Kerberos Ticket
upvoted 0 times
Alecia
7 days ago
A) Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates
upvoted 0 times
Margot
18 days ago
I think the valid authentication methods are A) Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates.
upvoted 0 times
Alba
23 days ago
Ooh, Kerberos Tickets? That's like the James Bond of authentication methods!
upvoted 0 times
Jolene
13 days ago
A) Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates
upvoted 0 times
Viola
28 days ago
A) Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates are the way to go! Keeps those pesky hackers at bay.
upvoted 0 times
Nada
13 days ago
B) PKI Certificates and DynamiciD OTP could also work, but I prefer the first option.
upvoted 0 times
Keneth
23 days ago
A) Pre-shared Secret and PKI Certificates are the best options for mutual authentication.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel