Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

American College Exam HS330 Topic 1 Question 93 Discussion

Actual exam question for American College's HS330 exam
Question #: 93
Topic #: 1
[All HS330 Questions]

All the following statements concerning a federal estate tax deduction for a bequest or gift to a qualified charity are correct EXCEPT:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Karan
4 days ago
Hey, as long as I can deduct my collection of rare estate-tax-themed stamp collections, I'm happy!
upvoted 0 times
Whitley
8 days ago
Alright, let's keep this lively but professional, folks. No need to pull any creative estate-planning stunts here, eh?
upvoted 0 times
Mignon
11 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. I guess I'll have to go with option C, since it seems the most straightforward.
upvoted 0 times
Mammie
14 days ago
This is a tricky one, but I think option B is the correct answer. The deduction is reduced by any taxes and administrative expenses chargeable against the bequest.
upvoted 0 times
Craig
20 days ago
Hmm, I see your point. Let's wait for more opinions before deciding.
upvoted 0 times
Michell
21 days ago
I agree with Stevie, D makes more sense because it sets a limit on the deduction.
upvoted 0 times
Craig
30 days ago
But A seems more logical, as it talks about a specific time frame.
upvoted 0 times
Stevie
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe the answer is D.
upvoted 0 times
Yuki
1 months ago
I agree with option D. The amount of the charitable deduction is limited to 50% of the decedent's adjusted gross estate.
upvoted 0 times
Frederica
3 days ago
User 1: I agree with option D. The amount of the charitable deduction is limited to 50% of the decedent's adjusted gross estate.
upvoted 0 times
Shayne
6 days ago
User 3: I think option A is incorrect. A life insurance policy gifted to a charity less than 3 years before death does not qualify for a charitable deduction.
upvoted 0 times
Gilma
21 days ago
User 2: That's correct. The estate may deduct the value of the remainder interest in a charitable remainder trust.
upvoted 0 times
Celeste
25 days ago
User 1: I agree with option D. The amount of the charitable deduction is limited to 50% of the decedent's adjusted gross estate.
upvoted 0 times
Ammie
1 months ago
Option A is incorrect. A life insurance policy assigned to a charity less than 3 years before death does not qualify for the deduction. The policy needs to be assigned at least 3 years prior to death.
upvoted 0 times
Gearldine
27 days ago
Option A is incorrect. The policy needs to be assigned at least 3 years prior to death.
upvoted 0 times
Cherri
28 days ago
A) A life insurance policy that was assigned to a charity as a gift less than 3 years prior to the insured's death qualifies for a charitable deduction.
upvoted 0 times
Craig
1 months ago
I think the answer is A.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel