Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

American College Exam HS330 Topic 1 Question 91 Discussion

Actual exam question for American College's HS330 exam
Question #: 91
Topic #: 1
[All HS330 Questions]

All the following statements concerning a federal estate tax deduction for a bequest or gift to a qualified charity are correct EXCEPT:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Shenika
17 days ago
I'm pretty sure the correct answer is A. You can't deduct a life insurance policy like that, it's just too close to the death event.
upvoted 0 times
Cecilia
18 days ago
Haha, imagine trying to claim a deduction for a life insurance policy you gave away just a few years before kicking the bucket. Talk about suspicious!
upvoted 0 times
Ardella
19 days ago
B and C look good to me. Reducing the deduction by taxes and expenses, and deducting the remainder interest in a charitable trust, those seem like standard rules.
upvoted 0 times
Lashandra
20 days ago
Option D seems a bit off. Isn't the deduction limit usually around 60% of the adjusted gross estate? I'll have to double-check that one.
upvoted 0 times
Kindra
6 days ago
User 2: B) The amount of a charitable deduction is reduced by any taxes and administrative expenses chargeable against the bequest.
upvoted 0 times
Melissa
10 days ago
User 1: A) A life insurance policy that was assigned to a charity as a gift less than 3 years prior to the insured's death qualifies for a charitable deduction.
upvoted 0 times
Genevive
1 months ago
Oh, you're right. In that case, the correct answer is B.
upvoted 0 times
Gracie
1 months ago
Option A is definitely incorrect. How can a life insurance policy assigned to a charity less than 3 years before death qualify for a deduction? That's just asking for trouble.
upvoted 0 times
Ryann
1 months ago
User 2: Yeah, that seems like it could be seen as trying to avoid taxes. The other options make more sense.
upvoted 0 times
Christiane
1 months ago
User 1: I agree, option A doesn't make sense. It's too risky to assign a life insurance policy to a charity right before death.
upvoted 0 times
Estrella
1 months ago
But doesn't the question ask for the incorrect statement?
upvoted 0 times
Genevive
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe the answer is C.
upvoted 0 times
Estrella
2 months ago
I think the answer is A.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel