Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Amazon Exam SOA-C02 Topic 10 Question 105 Discussion

Actual exam question for Amazon's SOA-C02 exam
Question #: 105
Topic #: 10
[All SOA-C02 Questions]

Users of a company's internal web application recently experienced application performance issues for a brief period The application includes frontend web servers that run in an Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) cluster The application also includes a bacKend Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL DB cluster that includes one DB instance.

A SysOps administrator determines that the source of the performance issues was high utilization of the DB cluster. The single writer instance experienced more than 90% utilization for 11 minutes The cause of the high utilization was an automated report that is scheduled to run one time each week

What should the SysOps administrator do to ensure that users do not experience performance Issues each week when the report runs?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Increasing DB Instance Size:

Increasing the instance size provides more CPU and memory resources, which can help handle higher loads.

Steps:

Go to the AWS Management Console.

Navigate to RDS and select the DB instance.

Modify the instance to increase its size.

Apply the changes during the next maintenance window or immediately if it is a critical issue.

Monitoring Performance:

After resizing, monitor the instance during the next report run to ensure that it handles the load effectively.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Shonda
4 days ago
I think adding a reader instance could also help distribute the load better.
upvoted 0 times
Soledad
6 days ago
I agree with Haydee. That seems like the most straightforward solution.
upvoted 0 times
Francisca
7 days ago
Haha, the SysOps admin should just delete the report. Problem solved!
upvoted 0 times
Noah
13 days ago
But what if the report needs to write data? Wouldn't a reader instance be better to offload the read load?
upvoted 0 times
Haydee
19 days ago
I think we should increase the size of the DB instance and monitor the performance.
upvoted 0 times
Carey
21 days ago
I think option D is the way to go. Auto scaling will ensure the DB cluster can handle the report without impacting performance.
upvoted 0 times
Rodolfo
12 days ago
A) Increase the size of the DB instance. Monitor the performance during the next scheduled run of the report
upvoted 0 times
Taryn
16 days ago
D) Configure auto scaling for the DB cluster Set the minimum capacity units, maximum capacity units, and target utilization
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel